XRGamma still needed?

Home Forums Help and Support XRGamma still needed?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

CMD1
    Participant

I purchased a ColorMunki Display and had been using their calibration software.  I actually have ONLY used Window 7’s color management program to apply the ICCs, never ColorMunki’s.

Is XRGamma the program that ColorMunki uses to apply the color profile?  Since I use Window’s own system, I don’t need it, right?

I’ve started using DisplayCal more now.  Like before though, I am not planning to use the 3rd party profile applier, only Window 7’s.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by CMD1.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I actually have ONLY used Window 7’s color management program to apply the ICCs, never ColorMunki’s.

Note that the Windows internal calibration loader does not work correctly (it scales the calibration incorrectly, leading to a small error in the values). Also, it always quantizes calibration values to 8 bits.

Is XRGamma the program that ColorMunki uses to apply the color profile?

Yes.

Since I use Window’s own system, I don’t need it, right?

Yes, but I’d strongly recommend using the DisplayCAL profile loader instead of the Windows internal one.

CMD1
    Participant

Thanks Florian, excellent points of course.

A few more questions for when I switch over to DisplayCAL’s loader.  Does DisplayCAL need a driver installed by X-rite for the ColorMunki Display?  Or can I/should I uninstall all of X-rite’s software?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The ColorMunki Display uses the standard Windows HID driver, no special driver necessary.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS