X-Rite i1Display Studio With Mac Catalina

Home Forums Help and Support X-Rite i1Display Studio With Mac Catalina

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sparked
    Participant

I’ve read through the forums and searched online and wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1. Am I correct in thinking that the X-Rite i1Display Studio and the X-Rite i1Display Pro are the same hardware and that the only difference is the bundled software?
    2. Since I intend to use DisplayCal, it seems pointless paying extra for the Pro version. This being the case, does anyone have experience using the Studio version with a Mac running Catalina?

Thank you for anyone’s help. It is much appreciated.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Sparked.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

1- i1display Studio is a Color Munki Display AFAIK. It “should” use the same unlock code so  Argyll should work with it. Ask in ArgyllCMS mailist for details if other people does not know if they share the same unlock code

2- You’ll need the more expensive version if you want to use HW calibration in some models like Eizo, NEC, Viewsonic, Dell, Benq, LG… If you buy the cheaper one… fotget HW calibraytion (internal calibration)
    Also since it is like a Munki Display… it’s slower. Big test charts for LUT3D will be painful with the cheaper one.

It may be enough for you, just pointing its limitations

Sparked
    Participant

Okay, thanks Vincent.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS