X-Rite i1Display Studio v X-Rite i1Display Pro

Home Forums General Discussion X-Rite i1Display Studio v X-Rite i1Display Pro

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kalwant
    Participant

X-Rite i1Display Studio v X-Rite i1Display Pro.

Can anyone confirm if the colourimeter with the Pro version is identical to the one in the Studio version?

Is a speed difference between the two? I’m aware that the Pro version is 4-5x faster than other colourimeters such as the Datacolor Spyder 5 Express when used with DisplayCal. What about the Studio version?

I’m also aware the OEM version of X-Rite i1Display Pro measure up to 2000 cd/m² whereas the retail version is limited to 1000 cd/m². If anyone knows of any other differences, I’d be interested to hear.

Thanks!

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

AFAIK Studio = color munki display. Same HW as pro, but slower (not fixable) and no support for HW cal packages (that is the main reason to avoid munki display / i1displaystudio).

Kalwant
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Vincent. When you say slower, by how much compared to the X-Rite i1Display Pro?  Also, does anyone know if the X-Rite i1Display Studio is faster than the Datacolor Spyder 5 series?

Vincent
    Participant

Same as munki display… as it should be the same device. Xrite says even 5x slower, but mixing bright & dark readings will move average maybe closer to 1/4x of an i1displaypro

Speed comparirson vs spyders are nonsense because munki display is accurate (or could be made accurate with CCSS without owning an spectro) and spyders don’t (unless you own yourself an spectrophotometer, and if you have such budget you won’t  bee looking for a spyder) and it can take very low light readings and spyder won’t go so far. No one knowing those two devices will consider buying one of them in terms of speed of A vs B.

Kalwant
    Participant

‘1/4x of an i1displaypro’.  Are you saying one quarter of the speed of i1Display Pro? i.e. the i1Display Pro is 4x faster than the i1Display Studio if running bright and dark readings?

Vincent
    Participant

Yes. Xrite reports that its lower segent is up to 5x slower, but in practice you can lower it to 4x slower (it’s an aproximation, others may say 3x).

Anyway, “hardware calibration” now or in near future => buy the “pro” or you are going to buy twice.

Kalwant
    Participant

Thanks Vincent, your advice is really helpful!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS