X-Rite DTP94: still usable?

Home Forums General Discussion X-Rite DTP94: still usable?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

robca
    Participant

I’m just an hobbyist, trying to get my 32″ 4k LG monitor (VA panel) slightly better calibrated to edit pictures and videos. I read the forums, and the universal recommendation is to buy the ColorMunki Display, but at ~$180 is beyond what would make sense for me and a non professional use.

I found a few mentions of the DTP94 being a still capable device and one that uses glass filters (i.e. less likely to degrade over time), and there are quite a few used DTP94 that can be found for ~$30, a price point  I could easily justify. And, yes, I know I would have to find a white LED color correction matrix to download, but that seems available. I also might be able to rent/borrow a better device, and once I calibrate the monitor with the better device use that as a starting point to get a consistent calibration with the DTP94

Would I be wasting time and money, or would even an obsolete device like the DTP94 help me achieve better calibration (and consistency over time)?

Many thanks in advance, Rob

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If you can find a suitable correction for the DTP94 and your display (technology), then the device can still be useful (if it’s in good enough shape physically).

robca
    Participant

This is great, thanks a lot Florian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS