X-rite ColrMunki vs Display?

Home Forums General Discussion X-rite ColrMunki vs Display?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

chrisisinclair
    Participant

If the colormunki and the i1 display are using similar hardware what’s the advantage of going with the more expensive product if I’ll primarily be using it with DisplayCal?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I assume you’re talking about the ColorMunki Display and the i1 Display Pro (the ColorMunki is a spectrometer and therefore a different device, and the i1 Display is the predecessor of both ColorMunki Display and i1 Display Pro). The i1 Display Pro is somewhat faster than the ColorMunki Display, otherwise the devices are identical.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

chrisisinclair
    Participant

Would it be worth upgrading to the colormunki photo spectro?

Looks like the i1 Display Pro comes with more advanced software – is that software useful at all if I plan on using DisplayCal?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Would it be worth upgrading to the colormunki photo spectro?

The ColorMunki Photo as a spectro has its own set of disadvantages over a colorimeter like the i1D3 (namely, lack of speed and low-light sensitivity). The advantage is of course the potentially higher absolute accuracy. If you can’t get both, personally I’d still go for an I1D3 over a spectro (unless you’d need to profile printers as well).

Looks like the i1 Display Pro comes with more advanced software – is that software useful at all if I plan on using DisplayCal?

No.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS