works in a new imac with spyder2?

Home Forums Help and Support works in a new imac with spyder2?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ouscar
    Participant

Hello 🙂

I have a new iMac 2017 with macos Sierra. And an old Spyder2express. And DisplayCal 3.3.2 installed. Can this combination work together? When I clic “calibration” I receive this message…:

Error - new_disprd failed with 'Instrument Access Failed (No PLD Pattern - have you run oeminst?)'

Also, in the display and instrument panel, it says…:

Spyder2 !! Disabled - no firmware !!

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

check the quickstart guide in the documentation.

ouscar
    Participant

Thank you. I read the quickstart guide, but it seems that I missed a later section, where it says: “If your measurement device is a Spyder 2, a popup dialog will show which will let you enable the device. With ArgyllCMS and DisplayCAL. ”

Okay. I did it and got old Spyder 2 back to life!

But after an hour of calibration I have a profile that makes everything that should be black look green … I guess I have to keep studying the manual… 🙂

Thanks again.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

But after an hour of calibration I have a profile that makes everything that should be black look green …

The Spyder2 is a very old instrument, its filters may have degraded to a point where you don’t get usable measurements anymore.

ouscar
    Participant

Sad news. I guess I’ll have to think about buying a new Spyder 5 or an X-rite… Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS