WLED or Generic? Huge difference in white point.

Home Forums Help and Support WLED or Generic? Huge difference in white point.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lordofuo
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to all of this so please excuse my ignorance.

I recently got a SpyderX Pro and I’m calibrating an Acer XB271HUb with displaycal3.

When I first ran calibration, I left mode as “generic”. I’m using a Luminoodle Pro bias light behind my monitor that is supposed to be 6500K white.

When using ‘generic’, and 6500K temp, the RGB gains that it led me to adjust to looked very similar to the backlight. However, I saw somewhere that I should have used LCD White LED since according to display specifications, my panel is an WLED display:

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/31826fe

When I recalibrated with ‘LCD White LED’ and 6500K temp, the RGB gains it had me adjust to look a lot more green and less red/blue than previously. It makes my backlight look a lot more red in comparison, which is concerning me. Am I right in calibrating to LCD White LED, or am I misunderstanding something? Whites just look like they have a yellowish green tint in comparison to the luminoodle (which allegedly is a true 6500K).

Thanks for the help.

Alex

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

CCT in kelvin is not a measure of whiteness. You can have a 6500K CCT light source and look green or pink. CCT is 1 coordinate in a 2D plane, missing info about whiteness. Search online, for example wikipedia.

Also SpyderX + bundled correction may be not accurate at all. If you can return for refund then do it and get an Xrite i1d3.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS