Windows 11 + HDR

Home Forums Help and Support Windows 11 + HDR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

maxafe
    Participant

I am running the Samsung Odyssey G7 C32G73TQSR / C32G74TQSR / C32G75TQSR and have a problem with the calibration. I want to run HDR permanently and it was therefore recommended to calibrate in this mode, then activate the profile in SDR and switch on HDR again. So far so good, the calibration also worked wonderfully with SpyderX, but the brightness doesn’t really want to. I have the feeling that it fluctuates and the white looks extremely bright. This is especially noticeable on websites and is a bit annoying. After a restart, it seems to be back to normal. In games and videos, however, the picture is very good. I have deactivated local dimming etc. in the monitor. Does anyone have any ideas? Is it the HDR mode?

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

ransontham
    Participant

How did you even calibrate in HDR mode successfully?

I have tried it with my Dell XPS OLED in Windows HDR mode. White point is way off.

AFAIK, HDR is a mess to everyone who is not an industry professional e.g. me.

maxafe
    Participant

By activating the profile in SDR mode after calibration in HDR mode, but I don’t have an OLED monitor.

I suspect it’s DisplayCAL and Windows, which don’t really harmonise with HDR. Something always changes my settings with the brightness (SDR) over time. Films or games (HDR) look good.

namefaceguy
    Participant

I know this is late but please don’t use HDR for everything.  You can quickly switch between hdr with the windows +alt+ B shortcut.  This monitor looks great in SDR mode and can look decent in HDR mode but please don’t watch SDR content in HDR.  It’s made for a different gamma curve and everything will look bad.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS