Windows 10 2004 (may 2020 update) small bug

Home Forums Help and Support Windows 10 2004 (may 2020 update) small bug

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Fliflipoune
    Participant

After upgrading to Windows version 2004, I see a small bug in a few situations:

1. when opening the Settings App and going to the Display page.
    2. When opening almost any pop-up windows from the taskbar for the first time after suspend (battery/sound/volume menus, or the Notifications center, where all notifications are going). After that first time, everything is ok.

In all those instances, the gamma table seems to be reset for a second or two, before being applied back. It’s not a big bug, but it’s a little annoying.

I think it’s also happening when using the built-in loader in Windows 10, not only with the one from DisplayCal. So it’s probably a bug with Windows, but I was wondering if this “reset” of the gamma table could be avoided by DisplayCal. We all know that Microsoft is taking a long time to fix those kind of bugs…

Thanks đŸ™‚

Dennis Smit
    Participant

I’ve also noticed this problem since the upgrade to WIndows 10 build 2004. I was actually hoping that this bug would be fixed with a future update to Windows or DisplayCAL. Unfortunately to this day the problem is still present and very annoying.

I was wondering if anything from the DisplayCAL software side can be done here to solve this problem? It does not look like this will be solved from Microsoft since we are many versions further along.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS