Windows 10 1903 (May 2019 update) issues and fixes PLEASE READ

Home Forums Help and Support Windows 10 1903 (May 2019 update) issues and fixes PLEASE READ

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Samazar
    Participant

Hi Florian Hoch, do you still continue to maintain and update DisplayCAL?

Roger Breton
    Participant

I am going to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 x64 (KB5014668).

For some reason, DisplayCal profiles could not be installed. I tried my luck with i1Profiler v3.5 and it works, the profile was created and activated (“associated” with the device) and showed up in the Color Management Control Panel as can be seen in the attached screen capture.

Just as a curiosity, I copied the DisplayCal profile over to my Windows 7 machine and, in the Color Management Control Panel, I was unable to load the profile? It behave the same way as under my Windows 11 machine : no error message of any kind, the profile just did not showed up on the list.  When I tried to select the DisplayCal profile, I got this error message :

“Some of the profiles in the profile association list could not be associated with this device”?

Having some experience with programming, I searched for “AssociateColorProfileWithDeviceA” system function and learned a few things about what the application must do in order to install / activate a particular device profile…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Roger Breton
    Participant

As I replied to the Argyll mailing list, sticking with the default profiling options, Profile type = XYZ LUT + matrix, worked perfectly under Windows 11 Build 22000.778.
    I should have responded earlier…

I have not touched DisplayCal since… Everything works.

Thank you Florian for your hard work!

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS