Windows 10 1903 (May 2019 update) issues and fixes PLEASE READ

Home Forums Help and Support Windows 10 1903 (May 2019 update) issues and fixes PLEASE READ

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

frontstruggle
    Participant

Thank you for your post,despite some tweaks to the Windows 10 update, there are still a lot of unanswered questions.

frontstruggle
    Participant

I got it: https://www.winpwd.com/windows-10-update-problems.html

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by frontstruggle.

Bluegrass Picker
    Participant

The solution that worked for me:

I had the same problem setting DisplayCAL to load my profile.

Windows 10 1909 version, Intel Graphics, Dell 2209WA monitor, DisplayCAL 3.8.9.3

I tried uninstalling the monitor and driver in Device Manger, no success.

I disabled auto-boot, no success.

I found that if I launched DisplayCAL by right-clicking on the DisplayCAL icon and choosing ” Run As Administrator”, the problem is solved – the profile saves and loads as intended.

Hope that helps someone else.

And thank you so much to Florian, Argyll CMS and anyone else who had a part in creating this program.  Very much appreciated, and donations will be forthcoming.

Merry Christmas,

Bluegrass Picker

IceB
    Participant

DisplayCal can’t install its profile,

Same here with 1080Ti and Windows 10.
    However, I have made additional XYZ LUT + matrix profile and it works just fine.
    Looks that there might be some issues with the XYX LUT profiles with the Argyll_V2.1.2 and Windows 10.

Vincent
    Participant

DisplayCal can’t install its profile,

Looks that there might be some issues with the XYX LUT profiles with the Argyll_V2.1.2 and Windows 10.

Or an issue caused by your GPU drivers (like LUT access). I have no issues with those profiles, latest Argyll and up to date W10, but I have an AMD.

IceB
    Participant

Or an issue caused by your GPU drivers

I admin that my knowledge is limited in the field, yet seems strange that GPU driver blocks the XYZ LUT profile, while at the same time permits the XYZ LUT + matrix.

Vincent
    Participant

Because maybe it’s not blocking profile but calibration. Check actual error in log window. Try with a explicit install of profile in 1st menu

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Windows does not and never did support installation of XYZ LUT profiles. You can only install “XYZ LUT + Matrix” and “Shaper + Matrix” profiles.

IceB
    Participant

Windows does not and never did support installation of XYZ LUT profiles. You can only install “XYZ LUT + Matrix” and “Shaper + Matrix” profiles.

Thx a lot Florian ! I never used XYZ LUT profile on Windows and never knew it is unsupported.

Marasmic
    Participant

Any idea how to get this to work on version 2004?  I calibrate my gamma to a perfect 2.2 and restart my computer. Then the gamma is at 2.4 with the profile and 2.1 without it…

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS