Win 10 profile revert/reset during calibration – Spyder3

Home Forums Help and Support Win 10 profile revert/reset during calibration – Spyder3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tactik
    Participant

Hey all,

Been pulling my hair out with this one. Very odd and frustrating behaviour. Running W10 Home, Spyder3, DispCal 3.2.4, Argyll 1.9.2 on a Dell XPS 9550.

AFAIK everything has installed fine.

The first issue here is that when DispCal asks me to adjust the RGB settings to hit a whitepoint, W10 requires me to run through the entire calibration process and create a new profile. This would be fine, except once that is done DispCal promptly reverses the setting when I click ‘start measuring’ and thus the RGB settings keep being way off.

I can see when it switches profiles, as the default windows profile has a lot of red and blue in it.

I have tried to adjust the W10 profile with DispCal shut down, and I can see the greenish tint that I’ve dialled in, and then once I click ‘start measuring’ again, it reverts it.

Windows itself does this when I open the calibration utility – IE. Right now the whole system has a green tinge that I dialled in. If I start the Windows calibration process it reverts to a red/blue bias and then I’m calibrating from the wrong thing. It is pointless.

I know Windows 10 seems to need reminding that I have selected certain settings on occasion. So it makes me wonder which black magic recipe I need to follow to get this stuff to stick.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, as I’ll be heading back to the repetitive stuff I’ve been at for several hours!

Cheers

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

The first issue here is that when DispCal asks me to adjust the RGB settings to hit a whitepoint, W10 requires me to run through the entire calibration process and create a new profile.

Why would you need to use a kludge like the Windows visual calibration tool (which isn’t really calibration) if you’re aiming to use DisplayCAL? That makes no sense. Use DisplayCAL exclusively.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS