Why visual whitepoint editor behave strange/how use correctly?

Home Forums Help and Support Why visual whitepoint editor behave strange/how use correctly?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Prapan Chulapinyo
    Participant

I’ve calibrated monitor and satisfy. however I just do experiment: reduce red on OSD menu monitor by half, something like : RGB 49% 99% 90%. for test purpose of degrade/old/age monitor to see how calibrate will look like.
    the result is quite good, color is ok, white is ok, verify is not bad only downside is to lose brightness and contrast a lot, which is reasonable. Amaze to see how calibration work!

but another story for visual white point editor. on settings i choose display profile that I’ve just calibrate then tab calibration>chromaticcity coordiantes>visual whitepoint editor. 1. whitepoint is brown, more on red in the color wheel and also the rectangle screen in middle. 2. profile change to displaycal visual whitepoint editor temporary profile which seem to be uncalibrated monitor or reset video card gramma table or whatever(because look green cast like no calibrated). why is that? this profile make white quite ok but why visual witepoint editor is brown? Should the center rectangle show white or like? It should show white on current profile is it not? Because i reduce red so to get white it must be fill more red on colorwheel yes, but why center rectangle also show brown?

Compare to visual whitepoint editor from previous calibrate file before I reduce red from OSD it clearly white, not brown. But if I use that profile now, screen will green cast. That because I reduce red.

so how actually use visual whitepoint editor? Say I have another reference monitor with picture of white, maybe from microsoft paint with white background. I open visual wihtepoint editor, adjust color wheel to white – I will calibrate to get green cast display, but if adjust color wheel to brown then I will get correct white display. but that brown on visual whitepoint editor not match the white of paint program from reference display at all. So I’ve see no point on any use of visual whitepoint editor. Or i must misunderstand something? please help.

FYI: I’ve read displaycal doc and search forum read for countless answer but still don’t understand yet.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Prapan Chulapinyo
    Participant

More picture.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Prapan Chulapinyo
    Participant

Monitor: Dell U2417H

Colorimeter: x-rite i1display pro plus

Correction: WLED white (even I try wrong one with CRT, PFS Phosphor – I’ve not notice the difference through ????)

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

There are several controls in white pint editor. Brown is just a dark yellow, rise blacktowhite slider in picture 9 and you’ll eventually get a match of square with the other monitor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS