Why is there no GB-r LED mode when using Spyder5 even though it supports it?

Home Forums Help and Support Why is there no GB-r LED mode when using Spyder5 even though it supports it?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

thedandyman
    Participant

Hi,

I’m quite new to DisplayCAL and have been searching for answers regarding this topic for several days now with little progress, so I’m hoping you guys would be able to help me out.

I have an ASUS PA279Q monitor, which is wide-gamut and a GB-r LED type, and a Spyder5 colorimeter.

From what I’ve read in the DisplayCAL documentation, a correction file needs to be used together with the colorimeter in order to get accurate results; in the case of Spyder5, additional modes are provided instead when downloading the software.

However, I can’t see any GB-r LED option from the mode field. I’ve contacted DataColor to confirm whether the Spyder5 supports GB-r LED type monitors and they said yes.

So, is there any reason why no GB-r LED option is showing up in the mode field?

Also, if I still push through the profiling and calibration, is it still possible to get accurate results? If so, what settings should I use, particularly for the mode (the options available for LCD are: generic, CCFL, CCFL Wide Gamut, White LED, RGB LED, CCFL Type 2)?

Alternatively, I also tried downloading the correction files from X-Rite and saw the options [Spectral: LCD GB-r LED IPS (Dell U2413)] and [Spectral: LCD GB-r LED/ RG Phosphor LED family (AUO B156HW01 V.4, Dell U2413)]. Could I get better results with using these than using no correction file at all?

TIA

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The Spyder5 has no specific GB-r-LED mode. Use RGB LED instead.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS