Why I get two different measurement result on the same display?

Home Forums Help and Support Why I get two different measurement result on the same display?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

BBPCS
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I want to calibrate my laptop display and after the calibration I found the results are different.

The first time I made a profile only without calibration. The whitepoint, white level, tone curve are all as measured. Then I got the result that the gamut volume was 90.8% sRGB and the gamut coverage was 89.5% sRGB.

And then I chose “sRGB” at the “settings” and made a calibration. The result has changed that the the gamut volume became 99% sRGB and the gamut coverage became 97.3% sRGB. I have uploaded two results(I‘m sorry about that their language are Chinese) .

All I know is that if I change the whitepoint to 6500K, the gamut volume and coverage will be larger than other setting. If I chose the “Laptop” setting and set the whitepoint to 6500K, I can also get the  result larger than “Laptop” by default.

I don’t understand why it can be happened. I know something will be changed when I set the whitepoint, but the display gamut is a fixed value, isn’t it? If I want to know the gamut about the display, what is the correct way to calibrate, and which result should I believe?

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

disable any “dynamic”/powersaving functionality of your display.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS