Why does my screen flash a gray patch when opening DisplayCAL?

Home Forums Help and Support Why does my screen flash a gray patch when opening DisplayCAL?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rfgamaral
    Participant

After using DisplayCAL to calibrate my monitor and generate a profile which I’m applying with DisplayCAL Profile Loader, my monitor started flashing a gray patch on the whole screen in some “random” situations. I say “random” because this happened once in some situation I can’t quite recall and I found it weird but couldn’t replicate. However, opening DisplayCAL itself shows this strange behavior every time. I’ve recorded a video to better demonstrate the issue. It doesn’t quite look gray in the video, but it’s gray, not fully opaque, kinda transparent. Please see video attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Do you mean the videoLUT test? This (temporarily) loads a specific gamma ramp into the videoLUT to test if it is accessible.

rfgamaral
    Participant

Do you mean the videoLUT test?

Not sure what are you referring to, I didn’t do any videoLUT test…

This (temporarily) loads a specific gamma ramp into the videoLUT to test if it is accessible.

After a few more days using DisplayCAL with the Profile Loader in the background, I belive this full-screen blinking gray patch only happens once every time I launch DisplayCAL (like the attached video demonstrates) and it does not happen during normal usage of my Windows system. I guess everything is fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS