Why do QLED correction files use “refresh” as mode?

Home Forums Help and Support Why do QLED correction files use “refresh” as mode?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

takla
    Participant

Are those files incorrectly set? I was under the impression that only CRT & Plasma use refresh. And since quantum dot is used for LCDs, surely the mode should be “LCD (generic)” , right?

Example: Pick Samsung QLED Q9 as your correction and see how the mode is set to refresh.

S Simeonov
    Participant

Are those files incorrectly set? I was under the impression that only CRT & Plasma use refresh. And since quantum dot is used for LCDs, surely the mode should be “LCD (generic)” , right?
    Example: Pick Samsung QLED Q9 as your correction and see how the mode is set to refresh.

It has been explained before in the forum, it doesn’t have an impact on the ccss file. So, don’t worry about it.

takla
    Participant

I searched for qled threads, but didn’t find the answer. Thank you for answering this.

Vincent
    Participant

Because of a bug in ccxxmake or oeminstall CCSS files are created with “YES” in refresh. Since CCSS text files are text, change it or leave it as is. It adds minimum impact in low light readings. So nobody cared to report as “bug” or “wrong feature” to ArgyllCMS maillist.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS