“White” Seems “Blueish” & Install Steps

Home Forums Help and Support “White” Seems “Blueish” & Install Steps

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Deadmano
    Participant

Hi there!

So just grabbed a Spyder 5 Pro as a loaner, trying to calibrate my Asus PB278Q. I did the basic setup following most of this guide.

The issue I’m having now is that, at least to me, it seems the colour white appears somewhat blue to me. It doesn’t seem like the white you’d expect to see.

I am no expert in the field, but I’d love to get a true to life experience, just to be able to experience colours the way they’re meant to be perceived.

I work in a dark room, with blackout curtains, so the majority of the time no excess light makes it in. I have 2 other monitors connected to either side of the main 27″.

The one thing I noticed is that before I’d work in around ~50% brightness on the panel’s OSD, but with the calibration I needed to go all the way up to 100 brightness to get the 220 CD/M needed. Is there a reason for this? I was always under the impression that the darker the area you’re working in, the less brightness you’d need your monitor on, so how come it has me ramp it up to 100? Is there something I’m missing or forgot to check?

Secondly, I use the monitors mainly for day to day use, with gaming here and there, and occasional photo editing and web development. I have the Spyder 5 Pro for the weekend, so I’d like to make the best use of the hardware and DisplayCAL. Should there be things I should focus on? I find the software to be rather daunting when I have hardly any clue of what I should be adjusting/looking for due to all the variables such as lighting, monitors, etc. What is the best solution to getting the other 2 monitors (both Samsung 21.5″ S22F350F) to match up with my main monitor? And overall just any tips/tricks.

Just as a side note, I plan to get a 9.4W (dimmable) 6000K LED strip light to place at the back of the monitors to create a form of bias lighting, due to the darkness, and plan to keep them on at all times, so obviously I’d calibrate to that lighting. Do I need to tick the option that sets a specific CD/M or ambient brightness level that the Spyder 5 can detect? If so, is there a certain way to get the right brightness level of the room to use? This very first test I did was just a way for me to get familiar with the software etc.

I’ve attached the measurement report in case it helps.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the large write-up, super keen to get this working as intended!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Deadmano.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS