which parameters shall I choose in displaycal?

Home Forums Help and Support which parameters shall I choose in displaycal?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Leming
    Participant

My TV is Samsung Q70 which covers about 83% P3 gamut, and I want to get the best use of it.

So when I create madvr 3dlut using displaycal, should I choose REC.709 or DCI-P3?  Or shall I create two sets of 3dlut, one for 1080p contents, and another for 2160p contents?

In addition, what settings in madTPG shall I use?

By the way, I created one set of 3dlut under DCI-P3/D65 and loaded it in madvr.  I used HCFR to test the result using AVCHD 709 test patterns, seems it did not correct the gamma of my TV.  When I created the 3dlut, I chose gamma 2.2 in display cal.  Did I miss anything?

Thanks for your help!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

madVR is a special case, if your TV has an extended gamut, then you can create a 3D LUT for (e.g.) DCI-P3 and use that even when watching Rec. 709 content, as madVR will do the necessary conversion from Rec. 709 to P3 (and the 3D LUT will map P3 into your TV gamut).

I used HCFR to test the result using AVCHD 709 test patterns, seems it did not correct the gamma of my TV.

Then you didn’t do it correctly. Note that I’m not able to help with HCFR, you should ask that in a HCFR specific thread (e.g. the HCFR thread over at AVSforum).

Leming
    Participant

Thank you very much for the explanation Florian!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS