Which ‘Correction’ profile for Eizo CG2420 + SmallHD

Home Forums Help and Support Which ‘Correction’ profile for Eizo CG2420 + SmallHD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

macleod92
    Participant

Hi there,

Is there anyone who can help me understand which correction profile I should be using when I calibrate my monitor.

I’m using an i1DisplayPro to calibrate both my Eizo CG2420 as well as a SmallHD Focus5 and a SmallHD Focus7.

I have previously been calibrating while leaving the correction set to ‘Auto (None)’.  Doing this I’ve been able to get my Eizo monitor (calibrated through Davinci Resolve) to match both of my SmallHD monitors.

However today I revisited my workflow after questioning just how strong the magenta shift is when I calibrate.  I decided to have another look at correction profiles and I think I’ve found one for my Eizo but I’m honestly still a bit confused as it also mentions the ColorMunkiDisplay twice.  Is this the correct profile for me to be using?

https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccmx&manufacturer_id=ENC&display=CG2420&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display&html=1

If this is the correct profile that’s great.  My next issue is what profile to use to calibrate my SmallHDs?

If someone could clarify this for me I would be immensely grateful!

Thanks!

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Use default one for WLED PFS backlight with very high AdobeRGB coverage: HP Z24x (HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel.ccss)
    http://displaycal.net/i1d3
    All new CGs with 1500/1300:1 should use that. Same for newer PAs from NEC.

The one you link is a matrix correction, not really “portable”.

macleod92
    Participant

Thanks Vincent!  I’ll be honest I don’t really understand how any of this stuff works or why I should go with that one but I’m happy to just take your advice and stick with it.

Out of interest.. how would I know which one to go for for my SmallHD monitors (both are IPS LCD with White LED backlights).

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks Vincent!  I’ll be honest I don’t really understand how any of this stuff works or why I should go with that one but I’m happy to just take your advice and stick with it.

Colorimeter filters do not exactly match CIE 1931 2 degree observer. i1d3 store the curves (sensivity / wavelength)  of its observer in firmware.
    ArgyllCMS can dump those curves to computer. If you provide a sample of display’s backlight emited power per wavelength (spectral power distribution = CCSS file) it can correct the zones where colorimter observer and CIE observer do not match = it can predict how off a colorimeter with that “non standard observer” will be for that particular wavelength, so it can build compensation (3×3 matrix) on the fly for your particular device.
    Xrite guy who imagined that solution was very brillinat.
    For more information look into ArgyllCMS source code or search google patents about spectral corrections for colorimeters.

Out of interest.. how would I know which one to go for for my SmallHD monitors (both are IPS LCD with White LED backlights).

IDNK what they use. Common “just sRGB” LED display use typical White LED (blue led + yellow phosphor).
    If that SmallHD monitors have high P3 or AdobeRGB coverage it is unlikely to use this one. If they are just sRGB/rec709 then “White LED IPS LG SAmsung” could be a good staring point + additional visual whietpoint editor approach to mach screens

macleod92
    Participant

Alright.. I think I understand the general idea.

In regards to the SmallHD monitors.  The spec sheet on the website just says that the Color Gamut is “70% NTSC”.  I presume this means it would fall in to the ‘LCD White LED family’?

Also out of interest.  When you say “additional visual white point editor to match screens”, what do you mean by this/ how would you do it?

Sorry for all the questions.. I really appreciate your help.

Vincent
    Participant

Alright.. I think I understand the general idea.

In regards to the SmallHD monitors.  The spec sheet on the website just says that the Color Gamut is “70% NTSC”.  I presume this means it would fall in to the ‘LCD White LED family’?

Yes

Also out of interest.  When you say “additional visual white point editor to match screens”, what do you mean by this/ how would you do it?

Sorry for all the questions.. I really appreciate your help.

I mean that white led correction is a generic one, ther may be slight variations. So find a white reference, let’s say your CG, then RGB gain the SmallHD with i1d3 + WhiteLED correction CCSS to get D65 or whatever target you want, from that starting point use visual whitepoint editor to get a visual match in white if SmallHD and reference (CG) they do not look reasonably close in white.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS