Which are the "correct" Nvidia Control Panel settings for DisplayCal?

Home Forums Help and Support Which are the "correct" Nvidia Control Panel settings for DisplayCal?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

LGabrielPhoto
    Participant

Hello!
    Sorry if this sounds dumb but I want to make sure my Control Panel settings are correct.

1. First, under Change Resolution I have it at my preferred settings (4k, 60Hz, 10bpc) and selecting “Use Nvidia Color settings” instead of “Use default color settings”.  Does that sound good?

2. Under adjust color settings, should I be using “Other Applications control color settings” or “Use Nvidia settings” ?

3.  Under Adjust video color settings should I select “With the video player settings” or “With the Nvidia settings”

Running Windows 10 64 bits with GTX980ti and a BenQ PD3200U

Thank you!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum.

1. First, under Change Resolution I have it at my preferred settings (4k, 60Hz, 10bpc) and selecting “Use Nvidia Color settings” instead of “Use default color settings”. Does that sound good?

Yes.

2. Under adjust color settings, should I be using “Other Applications control color settings” or “Use Nvidia settings” ?

Best to use “Other Applications control color settings” (which is nVidia’s way of saying “we’ll leave color alone”, which is generally what you want for accurate calibration and profiling of a display’s gamut).

3. Under Adjust video color settings should I select “With the video player settings” or “With the Nvidia settings”

“With the video player settings” (same reason as above).

Cheers!

LGabrielPhoto
    Participant

Excellent. So the only time I use the “Use Nvidia color settings” is under the Change Resolution area based on your reply.

Thanks! 🙂

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Correct. That’s because those do not really change the color (as in saturation/hue), rather the signal format (although it could be that choosing between RGB and YCbCr might have an effect on color due to side-effects of RGB to YCbCr conversion, which is why for computer displays, “RGB” is usually the best choice there).

LGabrielPhoto
    Participant

Correct. That’s because those do not really change the color (as in saturation/hue), rather the signal format (although it could be that choosing between RGB and YCbCr might have an effect on color due to side-effects of RGB to YCbCr conversion, which is why for computer displays, “RGB” is usually the best choice there).

Great. Thank you so much for all your help! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS