When calibrated, there is always a hint of green.

Home Forums Help and Support When calibrated, there is always a hint of green.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

doontoon
    Participant

Hi there,

I am sorry to be yet another person asking for specific advice on this process but I am trying to calibrate my LG IPS225V to sRGB for the purposes of color grading video.

I have run the process several times and each time the calibration profile seems to introduce a slight green tint, which I tend to see in the light grays (for example in the Gmail search bar).

When adjusting the RGB values of the monitor during the calibration process, it seems that I have to use very different values each time I run the calibration. On more than one occasion I have had to introduce an extreme blue tint in order to get the bars to meet at the center on the software.

Additionally, the monitor is supposed to be 99% sRGB but rarely seems to calibrate above 94%.

I have attached a recent profile and would be very grateful indeed if someone could help.

Many thanks,

Dean

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the profile looks fine. If you’re not happy with the D65 equivalent whitepoint target, you may choose a different one, or “as measured” (= whatever the display is set to).

When adjusting the RGB values of the monitor during the calibration process, it seems that I have to use very different values each time I run the calibration

That could hint at monitor instability.

On more than one occasion I have had to introduce an extreme blue tint in order to get the bars to meet at the center on the software.

You’re likely clipping at least one channel. If increasing one channel doesn’t seem to lead to a visual change, reduce all channels until they no longer clip.

doontoon
    Participant

Florian, thanks so much for your help. You seem to work tirelessly on these forums! I appreciate it.

If you’re not happy with the D65 equivalent whitepoint target, you may choose a different one

Apologies for my ignorance here, but what is the whitepoint target in this context?

That could hint at monitor instability.

This panel is maybe 7 years old now, I suppose it’s possible that it might just be time to get a new one?

If increasing one channel doesn’t seem to lead to a visual change, reduce all channels until they no longer clip.

Thanks a lot, that makes sense. I will try another calibration tomorrow with this in mind and see whether it changes anything.

Again, thanks for your help.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Apologies for my ignorance here, but what is the whitepoint target in this context?

On the “calibration” tab.

This panel is maybe 7 years old now, I suppose it’s possible that it might just be time to get a new one?

Probably not. Could also be due to the supposed channel clipping.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS