What’s the effect of multiple sets vs single set in CCSS corrections file?

Home Forums Help and Support What’s the effect of multiple sets vs single set in CCSS corrections file?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

beepilyboopilydoopy
    Participant

What’s the effect of multiple sets vs single set in CCSS corrections file?

I see that the corrections that come with the DisplayCAL package have 3 to 4 sets that are quite different on the plot.

For example:

• White LED family (AC, LG, Samsung) 1.0nm – 3 sets x 4 lines = 12
    • PFS Phosphor WLED family 1.0nm – 4 sets x 4 lines = 16
    • PFS Phosphor WLED IPS, 94% P3 (Panasonic) 1.0nm -3 sets x 4 lines = 12

Will DisplayCAL take an average of all sets, or measure with each set independently and somehow automatically choose one set that best matches the display?

Is it better to use the 1.0nm CCSS files with multiple sets that come with DisplayCAL, or use the community generated 3.3nm (or 10nm) CCSS files with only a single set for a specific display model?

I’m wondering, because I’m trying to decide my next display.

BenQ PD3200U – seems to be very accurate out of the box and so easiest to setup. 99% sRGB, IPS. Has a community generated 3.3nm CCSS file available, and I only work in sRGB. But bad brightness uniformity, and possibly old stock from 2017. 8bit + FRC. 680€. (Is it better to use the White LED family (AC, LG, Samsung) 1.0nm – 3 sets?)

LG 32BN67U – Claims to be 95% P3, IPS. No sRGB mode so probably way off from sRGB, and will need calibration. Display is not in the database, nor are there similar models. Probably doesn’t match exactly to the PFS Phosphor WLED IPS, 94% P3 (Panasonic). I’m worried about not being able to calibrate correctly or with a whitepoint tint. Too new so there are no reviews, but probably has better brightness uniformity when comparing older models. 10 bit with freesync. Cheaper 480€.

Vincent
    Participant

All samples goes in, Root mean square. ArgyllCMS.

PFS Phosphor WLED family 1.0nm is a mess (very different backlights), use these instead
    -macbook P3 for exactly P3 mac displays
    -Pana 95% P3 for gamer or multimedia P3 only displays
    -HP Z24x for AdobeRGB+P3 photo displays

Plot them in a 2D graph, DisplayCAL or with an spreadsheet (so you can enable or disable some plots, usually packed as WRGB, WRGB, WRGB… so minimum is 4).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS