What target for gaming monitor?

Home Forums Help and Support What target for gaming monitor?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is bad because it is not “white” (near daylight curve of whites), maybe because you set it (ok), maybe because you modified osd settings (unlikely because it is the same WP as profile).

Ok I see, I did run it again but I did run it with the same settings as I did calibrate it with. I have attached the results and what settings that I did use in this post.
    Does it look better now? I have only used CalMan for 10 years but now I just want to use this SW but it has not updated for almost a year I’m hoping it still lives?

The gamma is bt1886, I wouldn’t use that gamma for an IPS monitor.

Why not? do you prefer power 2.2?

S Simeonov
    Participant

It is bad because it is not “white” (near daylight curve of whites), maybe because you set it (ok), maybe because you modified osd settings (unlikely because it is the same WP as profile).

Ok I see, I did run it again but I did run it with the same settings as I did calibrate it with. I have attached the results and what settings that I did use in this post.
    Does it look better now? I have only used CalMan for 10 years but now I just want to use this SW but it has not updated for almost a year I’m hoping it still lives?

The gamma is bt1886, I wouldn’t use that gamma for an IPS monitor.

Why not? do you prefer power 2.2?

For IPS monitor with contrast 1000:1, 2.2 relative gamma 100% boo is way better.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by S Simeonov.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS