What monitor do I have. Feel like a fool….

Home Forums Help and Support What monitor do I have. Feel like a fool….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

berserk
    Participant

In the dropdown list, before starting calibrating with my colormunki photo , I can chose from several types of LCD monitors.

Is there a list somewhere or a place so I can guess I’m close what I have or really do have. In my LG technical specification this is not mensioned. Lets say I have two IPS-displays. The cheapest is an LG IPS236V.

Next question – I have a Spider4 and as said above Colormunki photo. The first is as far as I know a calorimeter and the latter a spectrometer. Which one to use?

Why is it importen for the soft what monitor I have – can DisplayCAL not measure the capability of the monitor have? That is – why is that choice critical.

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

In the dropdown list, before starting calibrating with my colormunki photo , I can chose from several types of LCD monitors.

The ColorMunki Photo is a spectrometer, as such DisplayCAL does not offer the choice of a correction.

LG IPS236V

This one has an white LED backlight according to its data sheet.

Next question – I have a Spider4 and as said above Colormunki photo. The first is as far as I know a calorimeter and the latter a spectrometer. Which one to use?

Normally you would create a colorimeter correction for your colorimeter using your ColorMunki Photo to get the the bost of both worlds (higher accuracy of the spectro combined with better speed and low-light precision of the colorimeter), but in this case it may make sense to use the ColorMunki Photo directly instead and ignore the Spyder4 – the ColorMunki probably even has a speed advantage over the Spyder, and possibly comparable low-light sensitivity.

Why is it importen for the soft what monitor I have

It’s helpful if you have a colorimeter that the readings are corrected with respect to the panel and backlight type – usually achieved by using a suitable colorimeter correction.

can DisplayCAL not measure the capability of the monitor have?

Sure, that’s what creating a colorimeter correction does, but see my note above – you’re probably better off just using the ColorMunki.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Florian Höch.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS