What is proper mode setting for a LG 32UP83A-W

Home Forums Help and Support What is proper mode setting for a LG 32UP83A-W

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Norman Ziegelmeyer
    Participant

I have an LG 32UP83A-W monitor and a colormunki device but don’t see a choice matching the display type for my monitor in the mode menu. What setting should I use? Thanks

Vincent
    Participant

Which munki? colorimeter or spectro?

Spectro may not be a good device if it is a WLED PFS, these multimedia display we see nowadays. Fix WP at high res mode if that makes a change vs 10nm, then once WP is fixed, set WP as as measured & calibrate.

If youhad a colorimeter that display looks like some of thes WLED PFS with 95% P3. Choose bundled CCSS correction for those displays (Panasonic VVX, like Xrite software)

On monitor mode menu move to custom/user mode to have acces to RGB gains. If you need to limit gamut to sRGB take a look on LeDoge’s apps on github or in his thread in displaycal, very useful tools.

Norman Ziegelmeyer
    Participant

It’s a Colormunki photo

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Then 2nd paragraph. Use high res mode (3nm) to fix whitepoint using RGB gains.

You would be better with an additional Xrite/Calibrite colorimeter, these Xrite’s spectros are not meant to be used for display calibration but to help/improve a colorimeter performance by giving them a WRGB 255 reference (coordinates -> matrix correction, spectral power distribution -> CCSS).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS