W10 HDMI out white point screwed

Home Forums General Discussion W10 HDMI out white point screwed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

frank10
    Participant

I don’t know what’s happened, but some times ago I did a madVR 3dLUT on a Panasonic IPS tv and all went good on W10 with Intel integrated gfx.

I had to slightly change my R-Gain to +1 and B-Gain to -1 to get perfect whitepoint on a Professional1 profile.

Now I’m trying to make the same thing on a Pana OLED, but I get very big offsets! Like: R-Gain=-25, G-Gain=-6, B-Gain=+21 on Pro2!!

I tried also a nVidia card on the OLED and it’s similar: R-Gain=-24, G-Gain=-6, B-Gain=+20

I tried again the Intel gfx on the IPS Pana tv and I can’t get a whitepoint correct (delta=8 with R-Gain=-30, G-Gain=-17, B-Gain=+4)

Really absurd!

I would exclude the id3 because I tried on a Blackmagic decklink card that bypasses the OS out of Resolve and there I had only to slightly correct the R-Gain =+1.

So, I think it could be something screwed in Windows (having used both Intel and nVidia cards) or in madVR (but I reinstalled it from scratch…)… or what else??

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by frank10.

frank10
    Participant

I tried an HDMI out from laptop with W10 and I got normal R-G-B gain settings, such R=+1, G=+1, B=-2, so this confirms there is some problem in the other Win10 pc…

Any idea what could be wrong and how to solve it? TIA

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It’s hard to know what’s wrong from afar, not sitting directly at the affected machine. Try if you have the same problems when not using madVR.

frank10
    Participant

Yes, I got same even without madVR.

I got a deltaE=20 with all tv settings at default!

EDIT:

I found out what it was! I had installed f.lux, then, for calibration and color correction I removed it from launching at windows boot. Maybe something went wrong with this… but I forgot it. Now I remembered and tried to relaunch f.lux: solved!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS