(very) Wrong Measures

Home Forums Help and Support (very) Wrong Measures

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Pablo Bernst
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I’m Buenos Aires based DIT and i bought an x-rite i1 Display pro in order to calibrate as accurate as possible the monitors i use on set.

I do some basic color corrections with Da Vinci Resolve connected via  Blackmagic ultra studio mini monitor using an HDMI Sony monitor that i promise i will try to find out wich model it is (its from a rental house and its inside a box, so i cant reach the rear panel)

My problem is that, it doesn’t matter the setting i use in DisplayCAL, when i run the LUT verification i get wrong values (except once, randomly)

–  First i loaded my i1 display Pro device settings then I use the 3D Lut for Resolve preset

• I’ve tried several amount of patches (from 7 minutes, to complete 5 hours)
    • Used white and black level drift compensation options just in case
    • Changing the size of the LUT from 65x65x65 to 33x33x33 to 5x5x5
    • Tried different gamma curves (2.2, 2.4, REC 1886)

In conclusion, all the variables i can think of to get the proper profile, but stills i get wrong values in the verification.

Im sure im skipping a very basic setting and you, people with far more experience, will cast a light over this valley of shadows and offset colors.

Im also attaching an screen capture of one of my measurements.

Best Regards,

Pablo.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Pablo Bernst.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Pablo Bernst
    Participant

Update: Monitor is Sony Luma 20″ LMD-2030W

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

from the report it looks as if something interfered with the measurements – there’s bad colorization on the grayscale, probably Resolve acting up and not updating its patch display in a timely fashion. Try reprofiling and set “override minimum display update delay” on the “Display & instrument” tab in DisplayCAL to 1000ms (enable advanced options in the “Options” menu to see it). Increase that further if the problem persists. Use a low amount of patches (175) for testing so you don’t waste too much time finding a workable response delay. Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Pablo Bernst
    Participant

Florian,

First of all thanks in advance and i feel honored it’s you getting back to me so quickly.

I tried 1200 MS and 175 patches. It improved a little bit, but not that much. I still get artifacts and really offset color representation in Resolve LUT.

Im attaching the last report and i will go for 2000ms

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS