Very Confused On A Few Issues + My Profile May Be Wrong

Home Forums Help and Support Very Confused On A Few Issues + My Profile May Be Wrong

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

Your reference is PS using ACE engine. Check that you do not have softproof enabled in LR.

Vincent
    Participant

Also you must open developed RGB image (the TIFF or JPG) in LR to make comparisons vs PS. (apples vs apples)

krisbg
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same issue with the same monitor. I have calibrated the monitor using DisplayCAL, with a correction for that monitor from the user correction database and a “single curve + matrix + BPC”,  using  slow calibration speed. Now a photo looks identical in PS, ACDSee and Firefox, but has more vibrant colors and darker shadows in Chrome and Edge, despite the fact I turned on color management in Edge and Chrome. To me this issue looks like the typical issue on a wide gamut display which is not profiled correctly with the correct profile hence it sends wrong color values from graphics card to the monitor, resulting in more saturated colors. Could it be that Chrome and Edge don’t use at all the display profile in Windows, and just stick to an sRGB profile? I tried to trick them to use Display P3 D65, but even then the shadows remain darker. There is a little discrepancy also between Chrome on my desktop machine and Chrome on my laptop. On the desktop, where I use the ViewSonic – there Chrome shows both the colors oversaturated and with darker shadows, while on my laptop, which has also wide gamut display, Chrome shows colors correct, only the shadows are darker as on the desktop. On the laptop I installed a generic AdobeRGB profile, and that was enough to make the same photo look there in ACDSee and Firefox almost identical to what I see in the same apps on the desktop machine and ViewSonic.

@Etienne Surrette, a side topic: have you succeeded in hardware calibrating you display?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS