Verifying monitor against P3

Home Forums Help and Support Verifying monitor against P3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Artv
    Participant

Hi

I want to check how I verify Benq EQ3270 wide gamut monitor against DCI P3. It’s claimed to support 95% of  DCI P3.

I’ve run the calibration, using defaults and native settings – just adjusting luminance to 150cdm2 when interative display shows up and tweaker colours slightly to get green ticks.

For correction it found a correction BenQ EW3270U. So I used that.

Is that all right so far? I get good results with 94.5% coverage of P3 so as claimed. (And 99.8% sRGB).

For verification, which DCI P3 profile to I choose? There are 4 – just the first smpte-2 color profile?

What do I set tone curve to? It defaults to custom gamma 2.6. Do I leave as that?

And if I want to check uncalibrated state – ie monitor out of the box. Do I reset monitor to default picture mode with max brightness and again choose DCI P3 profile. But tick “Use simulation profile as display profile”.  Again what do I choose for tone curve? Want to be able to say out the box the deltaE is x.

Many thanks and sorry – but want to make sure this is correct.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

For verification, which DCI P3 profile to I choose? There are 4 – just the first smpte-2 color profile?

Usually the D65 profile (the other one uses DCI white, which is closer to 6300K). Note that this only matters if you’re going to use whitepoint simulation (which you usually won’t, i.e. the calibrated whitepoint is used).

What do I set tone curve to? It defaults to custom gamma 2.6. Do I leave as that?

Up to you to decide. Gamma 2.6 is for cinema, “display” P3 uses gamma 2.2.

And if I want to check uncalibrated state – ie monitor out of the box. Do I reset monitor to default picture mode with max brightness

Not strictly required, but if you want to evaluate how the monitor performs in factory state, you could do that (write down your calibrated monitor settings so you can restore them afterwards).

and again choose DCI P3 profile. But tick “Use simulation profile as display profile”.

Correct.

Again what do I choose for tone curve?

Gamma 2.2.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS