verify calibration for non colormanaged applications?

Home Forums Help and Support verify calibration for non colormanaged applications?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Husky
    Participant

Unfortunately most of my applications don’t do any color management. Though as most content is mastered exclusively for srgb I would really like to check how close the calibration curves get my display to an ideal srgb display.

I have tried using the srgb profile as the simulation and display profile on the verification tab – but my understanding is this will disable the GPU calibration curves for the measurements. So I can only measure the uncalibrated display.

I have also tried to use verification with srgb as the simulation profile using my real display profile – but this only seems to be useful for softprofing workflows. For example: this report will show a gamma curve that matches srgb almost perfectly no matter if I calibrate to the srgb gamma curve or gamma 2.2.

The checkbox “evaluate gray balance through calibration only” only effects a small part of the report, and the gamma measurements stay identical, so this does not seem to be what I’m looking for either.

I think what I’m looking for is verification of the monitor/GPU calibration alone against a target profile, without using any monitor profile information.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You can verify the calibration in the “Tools” menu under “Report” -> “Report on calibrated display”.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS