Verification Report Question

Home Forums Help and Support Verification Report Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

iMak
    Participant

This is my first post in this forum, and I am very new in calibration world and very interested to learn a proper calibration process because I love colors. I recently purchased i1Display Pro Plus and started with my twin DELL P2417H placed them left and right and both have the same wallpaper, which are connected to Lenovo ThinkPad P72 through ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock.

I have calibrated both monitors with the same calibration settings, I set Whitepoint Color temp to “6500K”, White level to “160cd/m2”, Black level to “As measured” and Gamma 2.2.

After installing the profiles, I could see the red on the right monitor has more orange tent to it. Then I thought of loading the Settings of the right monitor and compare it with the reading of the left monitor, I used Extended verification test chart on the left screen to compare with the settings of the right screen, and I could see red marks on the affected colors.

If both monitors are calibrated to the same settings, why there is still color discrepancy?

The report is attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

iMak
    Participant

Here is a screen shot of the color difference on both monitors side by side. Notice the red on the right comparing to the left one.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by iMak.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

If both monitors are calibrated to the same settings, why there is still color discrepancy?

There were calibrated at the center. Displays are not uniform across screen and that cannot be GPU/computer corrected at this point of time.
    The bigger the display gamut and the cheaper display (compared to same gamut, size & resolution competitors) the higher the chances of bad uniformity.
    Some high end displays (which are not P line form Dell) can correct uniformty at the expense of contrast. The worse it is the more constrast drops.

Also there is the chance that spectral power distribution of each display has a distinctive signature because of phosphors or blue LED material components = they are not spectrally equal when you match them visually to show “the same white” even if we suppose that they are PERFECTLY uniform across screen (and they are not).
    Since i1d3 family of colorimeters needs a hint of actual spectralpower distribution to correct itself (its own differences as a colorimeter with standard observer) and you feed the colorimeter with the same hint but eachs display may not match that “hint” you get a discrepancy,
    That is solved using visual whitepoint editor and using “relative whitepoint” intents when things go from computer to screen (all of apps do it unless instructed against it on the few that are capable oif doing things other way… so you need to do nothing, just use “Visual” whitepoint match)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Vincent.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS