Validate an NEC PA271Q

Home Forums Help and Support Validate an NEC PA271Q

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

KenF
    Participant

Hi all! We have multiple NEC PA271Q displays. Spectraview colorimeter. Spectraview II software. i1Pro3 if needed.

I’m trying to validate our calibrations with DisplayCal but have hit some bumps. When I load the CCSS correction from online, the monitor type changes from LCD (generic) to Refresh (generic). If I switch it back to LCD (generic) then the correction switches to none.

I’m not sure what to use. Should I leave it on Refresh even though this is an LCD? That doesn’t seem right.

Also, in researching this on this forum, I see that there are some issues with the 271Q. Is DisplayCal able to correctly measure this monitor or is there some inherent problem that I can’t fix? 

(we use these for still imaging, not video…)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Vincent
    Participant

Hi all! We have multiple NEC PA271Q displays. Spectraview colorimeter. Spectraview II software. i1Pro3 if needed.

I’m trying to validate our calibrations with DisplayCal but have hit some bumps. When I load the CCSS correction from online, the monitor type changes from LCD (generic) to Refresh (generic). If I switch it back to LCD (generic) then the correction switches to none.

I’m not sure what to use. Should I leave it on Refresh even though this is an LCD? That doesn’t seem right.

Not important, change CCSS text file, seems that were created with an older ccxxmake  or newer has a bug. Not relevant for measurement with an i1d3.

Also, in researching this on this forum, I see that there are some issues with the 271Q. Is DisplayCal able to correctly measure this monitor or is there some inherent problem that I can’t fix?

(we use these for still imaging, not video…)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Quite the opposite. Spectraview II software is unable to measure that display because
    -i1pro3 driver from xrite works at 10nm and is unable to measure a WLED PFS
    -bundled EDR (binary CCSS) lack of WLED PFS correction

Using bundled HP Z24x ccss correction ind displaycal should be a good match for your PA271Q. Maybe a 3nm CCSS created with i1pro3 may hit better main blue wavelength, at the cost of LESS accuracy in red.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS