Using Nvidia contro pannel to adjusr RGB

Home Forums Help and Support Using Nvidia contro pannel to adjusr RGB

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Hi! Somone asked me this and I wonder myself if is possible or a good idea….  or should be avoided.

On a Laptop. I can adjust brightness by software, bu not the RGB levels to make them match on the interactive calibration. Could we use the Nvidia control pannel to adjust the RGB?? or that would mess it all?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Wouldn’t work afaik, because the Nvidia CP also adjusts the videoLUT.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

yes… it does not work….  also for some reason no matter what I do, I can drag the green all the way down, and one second after seems your loader overwrite that and things go back to normal, so any adjustment done with it is ignored. it was worth trying 🙂

Brian Schuck
    Participant

how can i use displaycal with nvidia? im lost!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

how can i use displaycal with nvidia? im lost!

You can’t use the nVidia software controls for adjustment (see above). If your display does not have hardware controls, you have to skip interactive adjustment.

Brian Schuck
    Participant

thank you, will this have a big effect on my calibration? sorry about my other post I couldn’t find this one, I’m new here, thanks for the help

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If you calibrate to native whitepoint (“As measured”), it won’t affect the calibration. If you’re aiming for a specific whitepoint target like 6500K, then depending on how much the videoLUT needs to be adjusted, the gamut may be reduced a bit, and there may be a higher chance of calibration-induced quantization artifacts like banding.

Brian Schuck
    Participant

Ok yes i was going for 6500, i will start over and do “as meassured”  i use Resolve do i need to do all this when in Resolve? Or can i just calibrate both my monitors individualy? Thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Ok yes i was going for 6500, i will start over and do “as meassured” i use Resolve do i need to do all this when in Resolve?

If you used the Resolve preset, there is no need to start over.

Brian Schuck
    Participant

Didnt see your reply till today. I calibrated my laptop with a normal rec709 should i calibrate it useing resolve? Or should i calibrate it in resolve using my external monitor? Would it then show correct color on my laptop and external? Sorry for not understanding im new to this thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I calibrated my laptop with a normal rec709 should i calibrate it useing resolve?

What do you mean by “normal rec709”?

Or should i calibrate it in resolve using my external monitor?

See the Wiki for a complete guide how create a 3D LUT for an external monitor, or a GUI monitor, for Resolve.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS