Using DisplayCal + Dell Premiere Color

Home Forums Help and Support Using DisplayCal + Dell Premiere Color

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

AL2420
    Participant

I see DPC is working again, which means I can use it to more-or-less accurately restrict my laptop’s wide-gamut display to sRGB so Windows and non-color managed apps won’t look outrageously saturated.

DPC seems to operating at some level other than the usual icm profiles.  Is there any sense in trying to use DPC to emulate sRGB  *and then* calibrate using DisplayCal to create a hopefully-accurate sRGB profile?

Or is it a bad idea to try to use both DisplayCal and DPC simultaneously?

Vincent
    Participant

It’s up to what DPC does. If it runs on GPU like AMD driver “sRGB emulation” you can run Displaycal on top of DPC to correct white & grey.

If DPC breaks in near future take a look on LeDoge’s DWM LUT. Full desktop LUT 3D for windows

AL2420
    Participant

Unfortunately I don’t know how DPC works.   LeDoge’s approach is very interesting, but expensive in power consumption and probably broken in Win 11.

It amazes me that Windows itself has no built-in function to apply a system-wide LUT for the Desktop, Explorer, and all non-color managed apps. 🙁

AL2420
    Participant

It’s up to what DPC does. If it runs on GPU like AMD driver “sRGB emulation” you can run Displaycal on top of DPC to correct white & grey.

Vincent do you know if Intel’s Graphics Command Center runs underneath the icm profiles?  Would it be possible to desaturate in GCC to roughly emulate sRGB and then calibrate/profile with DisplayCal?

Vincent
    Participant

Vincent do you know if Intel’s Graphics Command Center runs underneath the icm profiles?  Would it be possible to desaturate in GCC to roughly emulate sRGB and then calibrate/profile with DisplayCal?

AFAIK you can’t. You’ll need a matrix to mix primaries and generate emulated RGB primaries. 1 channel controls cannot do that.

The only way is to use AMD’s sRGB emulation from EDID data or DWM LUT

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS