“Update calibration” or Re-Calibrate

Home Forums Help and Support “Update calibration” or Re-Calibrate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Prapan Chulapinyo
    Participant

I’ve read on usage and forum still not clear.

When to use “update calibration” on calibration tab? I know it use for update only calibration not profiling, but when to use it?

Usually I do use re-calibrate from scratch for drift color display after sometime use. Does “update calibration” still have good accuracy in what case?

Ben
    Participant

I wonder when to update calibration.   After I make a minor adjust to a 20 point white balance done without the lut active?    Should you do a 20 point whitebalance with lut after displaycal if it really minorly off in red lowend ?    Red is better to be high than green.

Old Man
    Participant

You could periodically do a verification, and if you don’t like the results, update or recalibrate from scratch. I’d do it from scratch unless you really don’t have the time. The only way to know if something is accurate is to verify.

If you adjust anything on the display (other than backlight, maybe), you need to recalibrate and profile. After you profile, don’t touch the display controls. The low end is always going to be a little off. If adjusting the display controls after profiling gives you a more-pleasing image, feel free. But then don’t recalibrate, because it will probably just reverse your change by compensating

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS