UP2516D external calibration resolve

Home Forums General Discussion UP2516D external calibration resolve

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

guifuchs
    Participant

Hi, have someone calibrated dell UP2516D for displayCAL (i1 display plus)?
    i work with one as reference monitor in a deck link 4k mini monitor and i tried differents configurations, but when i compare it with other monitors, smartphones the contrast and saturation is different… the skin tones is diferent too.
    I made this configurations, and created differents luts with differents gammas…
    correction: “Spectral: LCD RG Phosphor”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Contrast… is what you get and unless you messed with OSD or have HDMI range missmatch you cannot improve it.
    Also uniformity compensation destroys contrast when activated in these kind of low cost displays.

Regarding backlight if WLED PFS type but with some higher ground in red, like if it was a mix of GB-LED and WLED PFS.
    There were CCSS ij colorimeter database but a lot of them where emulated sRGB or AdobeRGB gamut. Ypu’ll have to check one by one using displayCAL gamut plot for CCSS (or by visual inspection of spectral power distribution if you have experience).
    UP2716D uses same backlight so if you d not find one, check the other.

Vincent
    Participant

I found it on another thread:

BenQ PD2720U Not reaching advertised colour gamut coverage?

1st one, but I do not remember which CCSS was native gamut. Check one by one

guifuchs
    Participant

Hi Vincent! Thanks for the answer!

I testing any options but my results are very differents and they dont work…

In interactive display adjustment, I noticed that the whitepoint parameters change according to the correction option I use, and what is more visually correct is the GB-r-LED / RG Phosphor LED family LCD. (when i used for example HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel.ccss, when i adjust R,G,B whitepoint, indicates correct but visually everything is very magenta.) So, im using GB-r-LED / RG Phosphor LED family LCD.

When i change the whitepoint  color temperature 6500 to 6504 the final result changes very much… is very washed…

Uniformity compensation  is off. i checked.

I will try a new calibration now, look the configs:

Display: Resolve

Instrument: i1 DisplayPro

Mode: LCD (generic)

white level drift compensation and black level drift compensation is off

Correction: Spectral LCD GB-r-LED/RG Phosphor Led Family

Calibration Settings

Interactive display adjustment marked

Whitepoint Color Temperature 6500K

Whitelevel Custom 100 cd/m2

Tone Curve Custom Gamma 2.4 Absolute (i will try absolute now, i aways used relative)

Black output offset 100%

Calibration Speed Medium

Profile quality High

Testchart Auto-optimized

amount of patches 1553

3D lut settings

create 3D lut after profiling marked

Source Colorspace Rec709 Itu-R Bt.709

Tone curve Custom gamma 2.4 absolute

Black output offset 100%

Rendering Intent: Relative colorimetric

3D lut file format Iridas (.cube)

Input enconding full range RGB 0-255

Output Full range RGB 0-255

3d lut resolution 65x65x65

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

guifuchs
    Participant

When i load my lut atvideo monitoring in DaVinci Resolve, i put a greyscale in timeline to check with i perceived any color in grey, and i use the option scoopes lookup table to use video monitoring for my vectorscope indicates with have some color in grey…

This way i found to check my calibration, is wrong?

guifuchs
    Participant

Well, the new calibration is ok when i see scoopes in resolve, but measurement reports apoints is wrong. Im very confused…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by guifuchs.
    Attachments:

guifuchs
    Participant

I tried CCSS Dell, DELL UP2516D (i1 Pro 2)    3.3nm, 370-730nm (2021-02-08 13:42:42) and looks better!

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Already explaned in #30119, yours is not a gbled or a “current” wled PFS but an older wled pfs variant as spectral power distribution graph shows.

If you had read it you’d save time.

guifuchs
    Participant

I tried different ccss for up2516D, and almost the result is this:

And when i see in resolve, have a magent cast…

Whats is mean?

(ignore first image, the measurement file, considered only profile information.)

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

I tried different ccss for up2516D, and almost the result is this:

And when i see in resolve, have a magent cast…

Whats is mean?

(ignore first image, the measurement file, considered only profile information.)

That you keep using the wrong CCSS. Just use a native gamut 3nm CCSS as instructed a week ago. Make sure it is native gamut (gamut plot in CCSS info)

(also make sure you are using the same OSD mode with the same settings in DisplayCAL and Resolve, older dells have separate RGB gain controls for Custom color mode for each input, DP, HDMI… etc)

guifuchs
    Participant

where is gamut plot in CCSS info? i cant find..

I tried several ways but I didn’t get good results

Vincent
    Participant

Select correction, then click on “i” information button. 1st info is spectral, click on top and you get gamut info which may be more clear to unexperienced users.

Once white is ok, if you keep gettng white color int when you apply LUT3D in Resolve, choose relative colorimetric in LUT3D creation to preserve the whitepoint you get manually.

guifuchs
    Participant

Only one has rec709 gamut coverage, the others are adobeRGB, but this one spectral is very weird

I tried to new calibration with this ccss, but is very green too

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Needs to be native gamut: AdobeRGB green, P3 red. You chose the wrong one.

Also this is color at the center. Color uniformity issues in those low cost displays may make it look with a color cast in whole screen. Test it, deltaC in uniformity report in displaycal, non correctable unless it has some kind of uniformity report but using it destroys contrast and un that 16D series locks RGB gain controls: white point need to be corrected in GPU LUT for ICC profile or in LUT3D aiming for abs col. intent.

In the end if you take visual whitepoint approach to fix white, remember to DO NOT use abs colorimetric in LUT3D, needs to be relative to preserve that visual whitepoint.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS