Unusual ambient light temperature

Home Forums Help and Support Unusual ambient light temperature

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

David Steinberger
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve calibrated my MBP recently  with DisplayCal and a Colormunki Display and have been happy until I saw a first batch of prints made by a good photo lab (Whitewall). Brightness is ok, but the print seems to be a lot warmer than the screen. I softproof in C1 (rendering intent set to relative colorimetric) and the print profiles from whitewall. I went from a D65 whitepoint to D50, but the print is still a bit warmer.

My ambient light is not good, but I can’t change that for the next couple of months. I used the eye-dropper next to Ambient light level adjustment and get a read of 48Lux and a suggested Whitepoint of 2938. I guess that’s extremely warm and explains why the screen looks colder than the print at D50, isn’t it?

Does anybody have any recommendation on how to best match the screen to print here?

Thanks,

David

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I would advise to get high CRI (90+) D50 lighting to view your prints under. You probably don’t have to change your whole room lighting, a single quality light source (e.g. Solux or similar) may suffice if it is able to evenly (and diffusely) illuminate the viewing area.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS