Uninstall ArgyllCMS and DisplayCal

Home Forums Help and Support Uninstall ArgyllCMS and DisplayCal

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jon Coy
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I’ve run into an odd issue here. I’ve been a DisplayCal user for some time, but I recently purchased an i1 Display Pro OEM and wanted to give LightSpace a try, just to learn some new tools/software. I’m running the latest version of Windows 10.

After uninstalling DisplayCal and installing LightSpace DPS (and activating it), I selected my probe in the Discoverable Probes tab, and yet LightSpace won’t find the probe. Steve at LightIllusion helped me figure out that there is a conflict between Argyll and LightSpace here, where the probe is being driven by the Argyll driver. I also had this problem while using my Spyder 5 probe–LightSpace couldn’t find it.

I have completely uninstalled and deleted DisplayCal (and uninstalled/reinstalled LightSpace). As well, I have tried uninstalling the i1 Display Pro OEM from Device Manager manually over and over, but when I restart my computer, it pops back up in Device Manager with the tag “(Argyll)” attached to its name, and the device’s driver indicates Argyll.

It seems that the ArgyllCMS driver still exists on my computer, but I can’t get rid of it. Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Jon Coy.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

See the documentation, Instrument driver installation under Windows, switching between vendor and Argyll driver. Note you do not need to use the Argyll driver for the i1D3 even when using Argyll/DisplayCAL.

Jon Coy
    Participant

Thank you, Florian! I’ll read through the documentation. I didn’t realize that about the Argyll driver and the i1D3.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS