Unable to make 3DLUT using the same settingas with older dispcalGUI? Impossible

Home Forums Help and Support Unable to make 3DLUT using the same settingas with older dispcalGUI? Impossible

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Kapkan
    Participant

I think I just spent 2 hours needlessly hoping to make a 3DLUT using the same settings I used in dispcalGUI to make a 3DLUT. I remember selecting “Create 3DLUT After Profiling” was NOT necessary in older versions. I de-selected it, waited 2 hours for a 4325 pattern test to complete and it created a single .CAL and a single .ICM profile (1000KBytes) from which I cannot make a 3DLUT!!! The 3DLUT tab is grayed out completely. My profiles made with previous versions of dispcalGUI used IDENTICAL settings and yet more and bigger files were generated from which I could make a 3DLUT and still can…

What do I do? Re-do it all over again now? Where can I download the normal and fully working good old dispcalGUI?

EDIT: It actually in instructions to DE-SELECT “Create 3DLUT After Profiling” to create several 3DLUT’s………………………

EDIT 2: Attached profile.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Kapkan.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

first, welcome to the forum.

Second, this forum is for help and support, not for venting. This forum is my own, and anyone who comes on here with a typical internet bullshit sociopath no-manners attitude will have their account banned. Consider this a warning.

Now on to your problem. What you should have done is start from one of the 3D LUT presets, or only disable “Create 3D LUT after profiling” after the first 3D LUT was created. You can just enable the 3D LUT tab in the “Options” menu though, so it’s not really an issue.

Kapkan
    Participant

That wasn’t the case with old versions of dispcalGUI, was it? Its hard to keep up with changes, even when reading the change log / release notes.

Is there no way to create a 3DLUT out of existing/attached files? Or at least have some kind of a shorter profiling based on already existing results?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That wasn’t the case with old versions of dispcalGUI, was it?

If by “old” you mean pre-3.0 (3.0 is now almost a year old too), then no, of course not. The 3D LUT interface was in a different window in 2.x. But from 3.0 onwards, this always worked in the exact same way. The ability to enable the 3D LUT tab in the “Options” menu was added later.

Is there no way to create a 3DLUT out of existing/attached files?

I’ve already told you what to do.

Kapkan
    Participant

Ah! Thank you. Is there any reason why file sizes were decreased too?

Is it possible to mix one profile’s grayscale calibration / 1DLUT with another profile’s colorspace calibration? Old profile’s grayscale is more accurate than new one’s, but new one’s colorspace is more accurate than the old one’s. The reason I am asking is because I just had to get rid of my probe for a while and can’t do another re-calibration for now.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is it possible to mix one profile’s grayscale calibration / 1DLUT with another profile’s colorspace calibration?

No, that doesn’t make sense. The calibration influences the measurements, so you cannot just mix-n-match existing measurements and calibrations.

Kapkan
    Participant

OK, sorry for “venting” some. Won’t happen again – I promise!

I do wonder why file sizes were reduced. Is some kind of compression applied now?

FYI, it appears that ReShade developer, Crosire, is not likely to make ReShade work with DirectX 12 due to his dislike of Windows 10 UI, but he’s working to support Vulkan and POSSIBLE will create some kind of Vulkan-to-DirectX 12 wrapped. I know you’re not into this kind of development, but its just an FYI.

Forum-related Feedback (not venting, just feedback to make these forums better):

1. I noticed that the “Visual” tab cuts text typing windows space by good 60% or so. Is that something that will be fixed later? A
    2. Pressing “Enter” results in a skipped line instead of a new/next line, which unnecessarily starts a new paragraph…
    3. It seems impossible to properly paste images. No matter what resolution I select and whether I enable or disable “Constraints” option, images are shown very small in post-editing mode.
    4. There’s automatic numbering system, like the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, points I am using to provide this feedback, but it makes it difficult to edit or insert points, especially because pressing “Enter” skips a line, creating a new paragraph.
    5. Here’s what I mean (image also attached to be fully seen):

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Kapkan.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I do wonder why file sizes were reduced. Is some kind of compression applied now?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I noticed that the “Visual” tab cuts text typing windows space by good 60% or so. Is that something that will be fixed later?

I’ll look into it.

Also, pressing Enter results in a skipped line instead of a new line. Here’s what I mean:

TinyMCE (the editor component) by default inserts a new paragraph when you press Enter/Return. To insert a line break instead, press Shift+Return.

Kapkan
    Participant

OK, thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS