Unable to get Max contrast ratio

Home Forums General Discussion Unable to get Max contrast ratio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Christopher
    Participant

When using DisplayCAL, I can only get a 261.x contrast ratio on a monitor that can do 1000:1 that really is my only issue ?

What I typical do is the DisplayCAL measurement whereas it ask for you to get the R,G,B values in the center by adjusting the OSD gain controls. Using that I can only get 261.x so far ?

Vincent
    Participant

Reset to factory defaults, if still low contrast, very likely to be a range issue 16-235 vs 0-255. Plug it through Displyaport input.

If after factory reset contrast is 700-1000 range, it was users fault. When tweaking Whitepoint on OSDs with 0-100 RGB gain range with 100 default, keep one channel at max value and lower the others. Do not touch SOD contrast value. Do not use RGB gains to fix white brightness, use brightness control.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Vincent.

Christopher
    Participant

SOD ?

Vincent
    Participant

“OSD”, a typo.

Alienns
    Participant

Same here, in Win 11×64, after calibration image is much brighter than was in win 10 and win 7. There is no black i try 10x every combination it`s same.

Vincent
    Participant

Same here, in Win 11×64, after calibration image is much brighter than was in win 10 and win 7. There is no black i try 10x every combination it`s same.

Do full testing (test calibration data loaded in GPU LUT, check OSD, check ABL/autodim if laptop…..), then ask. With your message (no data) we cannot help you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS