Unable to calibrate on Resolve

Home Forums Help and Support Unable to calibrate on Resolve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Paul Russell
    Participant

hi,

First time user, trying to calibrate Resolve Studio 12.5.W10x64 with Plasma attached via a BM Desktop Video., but coming across two issues that have me scratching my head, and would appreciate a push in the right direction.

With Display calc 3.2.4, on the main screen I choose the Video3D Lut for REsolve 9Rec709/BT1886)
    Display is set to Resolve, with Spyder 3 as instrument (latest Argyll drivers)
    I have a project setup in Resolve with 12446 pngs in it, on a 1fps timeline
    Problem #1 Pressing Calibrate & Profile brings up the Measurement Area, but I am unable to drag this across to the Plasma – it’s not part of my windows monitor setup and is only fed by the Desktop Video Output.

Problem #2 If I ignore that problem and go on to click ‘start measurement’ I cannot set the white point because the dialog box is waiting for an IP address from Resolve, but in Workspace/Monitor Calibration the SpectraCal CalMAN option is greyed out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

please see the wiki for detailed instructions.

but in Workspace/Monitor Calibration the SpectraCal CalMAN option is greyed out

You need to be on the “Color” tab in Resolve.

Paul Russell
    Participant

Gosh, I’m such a dumbass. Thanks for the reply, Florian. Have a great day.

Yurii Hydrick
    Participant

Hi Florian, when I jump from DisplayCAL over to Resolve to connect the IP address, the entire DisplayCAL app grays out and freezes. So I restart it, over and over. Every now and again, it will work. I don’t know if I’m missing something, or if this is a glitch or something. Any advise? I’ll attach a screen shot so you see what I mean…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS