Ubuntu with XFCE not loading profiles automatically on boot or after screen save

Home Forums Help and Support Ubuntu with XFCE not loading profiles automatically on boot or after screen save

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dokujaryu
    Participant

After using DisplayCal to calibrate my monitors the profile doesn’t seem to be loading automatically. Is there some additional step I need to take to make it load automatically?

Note, if I run the Profile Loader application, it loads the profile just fine. It just doesn’t happen automatically when I log in or after the screen saver is turned off.

Thanks!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is the file /etc/xdg/autostart/DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.desktop or ~/.config/autostart/DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.desktop present? Note that I don’t think these will run after the screensaver comes off, only on login. If a screensaver messes with the calibration that would be undesired behavior with the screensaver.

Dokujaryu
    Participant

No, those files do not exist.

Are they in a different place in Unity? I switched from Unity to XFCE after I installed DisplayCal.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Normally the loader desktop file gets created automatically unless colord is on the system and profile installation using it succceded, in which case it is assumed that colord will take care of calibration loading. If this does not work for some reason, you can create an autostart desktop file yourself that just calls displaycal-apply-profiles.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS