Two things I need solved

Home Forums Help and Support Two things I need solved

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Marctraider Marctraider
    Participant

Hi There.

First and foremost thanks for this great calibration tool!

I might require help with two issues I need solving;

1. Is it possible to load a specific profile on-demand through a command line parameter? I need Autohotkey to change profiles on demand

2. I have a perfectly calibrated Desktop profile but I need an additional one for when I need lower gamma (More specifically lower black levels without affecting much of the mid/high gain bright colors. How would one go around doing this? Any tips?

Thanks!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Is it possible to load a specific profile on-demand through a command line parameter? I need Autohotkey to change profiles on demand

You could script Argyll’s dispwin command line tool.

I have a perfectly calibrated Desktop profile but I need an additional one for when I need lower gamma (More specifically lower black levels without affecting much of the mid/high gain bright colors. How would one go around doing this? Any tips?

Gamma doesn’t affect black and white levels, only everything in-between. It sounds like you might want to have several calibrations for different lighting conditions, but keep in mind that the calibration tone response is overridden in color managed applications (the source profile defines what the tone response should be, e.g. sRGB, or gamma 2.2 for AdobeRGB etc).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS