Two different displays which one to choose as whitepoint reference?

Home Forums Help and Support Two different displays which one to choose as whitepoint reference?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kekyoin
    Participant

Hi, I have two displays, the XV340CK (99% sRGB, 80% P3) and the Y27Q-20 (99% sRGB, 95% P3) and after calibration using their respective correction (LCD White LED family for the XV340CK, and PFS Phosphor for the Y27-Q20), the XV340CK looks a bit too green compared to the Y27-Q20…

Both are calibrated to the Video preset (D65, Rec 1886).

I want to visually match the whitepoint of these two monitors. The question is, which one do I pick as a reference to match the other one? Or does it not matter?

Vincent
    Participant

Hi, I have two displays, the XV340CK (99% sRGB, 80% P3) and the Y27Q-20 (99% sRGB, 95% P3) and after calibration using their respective correction (LCD White LED family for the XV340CK, and PFS Phosphor for the Y27-Q20), the XV340CK looks a bit too green compared to the Y27-Q20…

Both are calibrated to the Video preset (D65, Rec 1886).

I want to visually match the whitepoint of these two monitors. The question is, which one do I pick as a reference to match the other one? Or does it not matter?

The one that looks whiter (less pink less green).

Kuba Trybowski
    Participant

And just don’t do any visual matching:

Vincent
    Participant

neverending spam…

kekyoin
    Participant

Thank you. I have an additional question. For the XV340CK monitor, When I set the calibration speed to “medium”, there is an obvious green tint produced in the 3DLUT when applied to madVR, while the “high” calibration speed creates a 3DLUT that has less of a green tint, and subjectively looks more correct. Is this behavior expected?  Should I stick with the “high” profile in this case?

Vincent
    Participant

Thank you. I have an additional question. For the XV340CK monitor, When I set the calibration speed to “medium”, there is an obvious green tint produced in the 3DLUT when applied to madVR, while the “high” calibration speed creates a 3DLUT that has less of a green tint, and subjectively looks more correct. Is this behavior expected?  Should I stick with the “high” profile in this case?

If you wish to keep white point from visual match you must set rendering intent to relative white point (relative coloriemetric or perceptual) when creating LUT3D.
    If you choose “absolute” it will translate to stored white point in ICC to D65 and since you do not have a custom CCSS/CCMX ICC stored value for white point may be not accurate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS