Trying to calibrate Pix e7 internal display

Home Forums Help and Support Trying to calibrate Pix e7 internal display

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

chris-to-fer
    Participant

Hey,

I am kind of a beginner and what i did is:

Using the resolve 709 3d Lut preset setting, i1pro, resolve ->sdi->pix e7

What I am experiencing: Whenever I chose tone curve calibration or in 3d lut tab the “use calibration checkbox” , at the end of profiling I get the message, that the display device uses non linear 1d tables or so and i should switch it off before using the lut. Well I cant do that, so I was forced to leave gamma as is and not use the “use calibration” checkbox. When I verify, devicelink off, simulation 709 and the lut loaded into pix e7 the whitepoint is more or less ok, but colors are completely off and gamma too. when I disable lut in pix and use devicelink it looks better. I made first full range rgb in out luts, tried 50 ycbcr hd and also legal range tv, nothing worked. furthermore in the verification report the “gamma should be dots” – that i dont hit – are often not at 2.4 as specified in 3d lut tab for profiling but lower. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

Chris

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

i1pro

Are you using the i1 Pro (spectrometer) for the whole calibration and profiling? That would seem undesirable as the i1 Pro suffers from considerable black drift when used for prolonged display measurements, and doesn’t have good low light sensitivity. It may be better to just use the i1 Pro to create a colorimeter correction for your colorimeter (assuming you have one available) and then use the latter for the actual measurements.

at the end of profiling I get the message, that the display device uses non linear 1d tables or so and i should switch it off before using the lut

This depends on how you use the 3D LUT. If it’s through something like a decklink card (i.e. output to a monitor that is not part of the desktop), you can ignore the warning. If you’re using the 3D LUT on your actual desktop monitor, only then the warning becomes relevant.

when I disable lut in pix and use devicelink it looks better

That seems to indicate the pix is doing something to the 3D LUT that is undesirable.

furthermore in the verification report the “gamma should be dots” – that i dont hit – are often not at 2.4 as specified in 3d lut tab

Depends on how you set it up. The default BT.1886 only matches a 2.4 power curve if the display device black level is absolute zero.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS