Trouble With Calibrating Proper Color Profile

Home Forums General Discussion Trouble With Calibrating Proper Color Profile

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pix3y
    Participant

i got a i1 Display Pro Unit, i’ve been using the default x-rite software to calibrate my monitor. first thing i did was calibrate the R G B level’s as evenly as possible that the monitors hardware can allow it, the result i would say was pretty good, but here is where the problems begin. i’ve selected the black level i wanted using the brightness control on my monitor, then i’ve selected the white level i wanted using the contrast control on my monitor.

now i ran x-rites software, i measured the white point then set luminance to the same point as the white and then measured black point as well. the profile creator began running it’s color patch to create the profile, the result is that my black point ended up being almost double the color luminance i’ve selected it to be (its almost brownish), and my white point luminance was decreased by 5 cd/m2, and from what i’ve noticed this happens every time on different monitors

so whats going on? obviously it’s not my device that’s defective, because if the device could read originally the black & white depth level i wanted why is the profile creator destroying it? from what i understand all the profile creator is suppose to do is close the R G B gap that the monitor itself can not by making the R G B color points even by testing color patches then offseting certain colors.

is this a software issue?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by pix3y.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Sorry, I can’t make sense of what you have written yet. You are talking about X-Rite software, yet it is not clear what you are using. Are you trying to match the black level across different monitors? Why did you measure the white point and how? Was the goal to match different monitors to the same white? Why did you set the white level to the measured value?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS