tray icon changed – can't manually re-apply profile

Home Forums Help and Support tray icon changed – can't manually re-apply profile

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mark Appleton
    Participant

I recently updated my Windows to 1903 and my display driver to the latest version and the Profile Loader tray icon has changed from a “rainbow circle” to an orange circle with a “-” symbol inside it.

Single-clicking on this icon says thay my chosen profile is being automatically re-applied, but double-clicking does not manual refresh it – any idea what’s happened/what I need to change?

Many thanks.

Victor Franco
    Participant

Happens with me as well after updating to 1903.
    At first, the icon changed to gray, and I had to go to Advanced tab on the Color Management in Windows, and uncheck the “Use Windows Display Calibration” box that turned itself checked after the Windows 1903 update.

Then, it was running okay, but during the day the DisplayCal stop working and the Windows takes control over it again, even if that box is unchecked, leaving me with this same Orange Icon.

The only turn around I’ve found was to Restart windows. But the issue occurs again at some point.

Probably there’s something on this new 1903 update that is overlapping DisplayCal configuration.

Will be following this thread in hope that someone find the fix.

Thanks

Mark Appleton
    Participant

I just did a DDU uninstall of the display driver an re-installed the last stable (non-hotfix) version and DispCAL is now behaving itself again. For now.

I checked the colour management options and the “Use Windows Display Calibration” is greyed out. Also, I’ve set the default profile to the same one DispCAL loads, so if DispCAL ever fails the correct profile should remain.

Mark Appleton
    Participant

…aaaand mine has broken again.

1903 has gone in the bin – more trouble than it’s worth.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Probably there’s something on this new 1903 update that is overlapping DisplayCal configuration.

[…]

Also, I’ve set the default profile to the same one DispCAL loads

There’s no “DisplayCAL configuration” when it comes to display profiles and associations – that is provided by Windows itself.

1903 has gone in the bin – more trouble than it’s worth.

Microsoft themselves are actually recommending to not update to 1903 until they resolve the issue, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903#454msgdesc

Victor Franco
    Participant

not update to 1903 until they resolve the issue, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903#454msgdesc

Oh nice to hear that they are aware of it. Hopefully the fix comes out soon! Thanks for the info!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

See the other thread(s). Closing this one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘tray icon changed – can't manually re-apply profile’ is closed to new replies.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS