Too bright after calibration?

Home Forums Help and Support Too bright after calibration?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

PeacefulWarrior
    Participant

Hi.

I’ve calibrated my laptop screen (on a MSI GL72) with Colormunki Smile and DisplayCAL.

I choosed this laptop since it had a 95,7% sRGB-coverage when calibrated (data from Notebookcheck.net) – opposed to a quite lower coverage from the other alternatives i was looking at.

I’ve been using it for around six months now.

Recently i calibrated it since with the Colormunki + DisplayCAL.

I am VERY happy with the RGB adjustment, the whitebalance is just perfect (as opposed to Colormunki’s own software, which turned my display greenish).

But i am having trouble with seeing the “almost white”-greyscales – and i also have a feeling that my screen now is quite bright.

As an example, i’ve uploaded a photo i took the other day – the greyish halo around the boy is not visible on my calibrated monitor – but it is quite visible on my smartphone, a friends Macbook Pro, and on a printed picture (printed via a local photo-service, which delivers good quality printed pics for the average consumer).

But why cant i see this greyish halo??

Is this caused by the gamma selection? – what gamma should i select when creating a profile? – i just picked 2.2 which was the default value.

Any others experienced this problem?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

But why cant i see this greyish halo??

This may be a viewing angle issue – TN panels are particularly affected by such effects.

Is this caused by the gamma selection? – what gamma should i select when creating a profile? – i just picked 2.2 which was the default value.

2.2 is a sensible allround choice.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS