Three simple questions from a new user

Home Forums Help and Support Three simple questions from a new user

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

TML59
    Participant

Hi, new to DisplayCAL and used it with my Spyder4 yesterday. I have some simple questions. Running on Win10

1. When I started the calibration my screen was very red. It appeared that I had to manually disable nigh-light correction. Why is DisplayCAL not doing that automatically during calibration?
    2. Will DisplayCAL disable the screensaver during calibration. I found the it took 30+ minutes for a simpel first calibration. Kept my system “alive” but is that required?
    3. How can I compare uncalibrated vs. calibrated quickly? I’d like to be able to switch to see the before and after.

Thanks

Vincent
    Participant
    1. How can I compare uncalibrated vs. calibrated quickly? I’d like to be able to switch to see the before and after.

Thanks

Tray app in windows, reset video card gamma table. To load grey calibration again just re-load calibration in the same tray app (upper option)

Amelia Durham
    Participant

Thanks!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

When I started the calibration my screen was very red. It appeared that I had to manually disable nigh-light correction. Why is DisplayCAL not doing that automatically during calibration?

It can’t. There’s no API for that in Windows.

Will DisplayCAL disable the screensaver during calibration.

Yes.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Florian Höch.

TML59
    Participant
    1. How can I compare uncalibrated vs. calibrated quickly? I’d like to be able to switch to see the before and after.

Thanks

Tray app in windows, reset video card gamma table. To load grey calibration again just re-load calibration in the same tray app (upper option)

Thanks, pity we don’t have a way to quickly toggle between the two do it’s easier to see the effect/impact of the calibration

TML59
    Participant

When I started the calibration my screen was very red. It appeared that I had to manually disable nigh-light correction. Why is DisplayCAL not doing that automatically during calibration?

It can’t. There’s no API for that in Windows.

Thanks.

What about these?

https://superuser.com/questions/1200222/configure-windows-creators-update-night-light-via-registry

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Set-BlueLight-Configure-0cfb8b65

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-automatically-switch-dark-mode-night-time-windows-10

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What about these?

I know all of these. They don’t work. Despite that, it’s very hacky to try and change undocumented registry values. If the underlying way these entries are written by Windows changes only in the slightest, this could lead to all sorts of breakage, including night mode stopping to work entirely.

TML59
    Participant

What about these?

I know all of these. They don’t work. Despite that, it’s very hacky to try and change undocumented registry values. If the underlying way these entries are written by Windows changes only in the slightest, this could lead to all sorts of breakage, including night mode stopping to work entirely.

Clear, thanks

Sora-san
    Participant

For the third question. When you install the profile, you can select “preview calibration” in the pop-up window. Check and uncheck this to help you quickly compare results.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

TML59
    Participant

Can I also do this preview after I installed the profile?

S Simeonov
    Participant

Yes, I guess.

Sora-san
    Participant

of course. in fact you can install the profile at any time.  you can do the quick preview every time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS